Re: tex-tracklang

Dear Jan,

On 2018-05-22, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    I tried using the glossaries package in a document, but it throws an
> error saying tracklang.sty could not be found.  I couldn't find any
> tracklang package in the tree but
> meta-pkgs/texlive-collection-plaingeneric contains:
>
> [---]
> DEPENDS+=	tex-timetable-[0-9]*:../../print/tex-timetable
> # depend tracklang
> DEPENDS+=	tex-treetex-[0-9]*:../../print/tex-treetex
> [---]
>
>    Noticing that most tex-* packages I took a peek at look mostly the
> same I tried to do the obvious:  I used another package as a template,
> changed some names, and ran "make distinfo", but fetching failed to
> locate the archive.  (https://ctan.org/pkg/tracklang mentions .zip,
> while pkgsrc tries to fetch .tar.xz.
>
>    I somewhat recall a tool to assist in creating latex packages, but I
> can't find it again.  Anyone happen to know what that could have been?
>
>    I don't really see a lot of tex-* packages which use .zip files, so
> I'm wondering if I'm either doing it wrong or if I stumbled on a corner
> case?
>

> ----------------------------------
> # $NetBSD: $
>
> DISTNAME=	tracklang
> PKGNAME=	tex-${DISTNAME}-1.3.6
> TEXLIVE_REV=	45305
>
> MAINTAINER=	pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
> HOMEPAGE=	https://ctan.org/pkg/tracklang
> COMMENT=	tracklang
> LICENSE=	lppl-1.3c
>
> .include "../../print/texlive/package.mk"
> .include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"

You are probably looking for pkgtools/texlive2pkg (thanks Mark!). Download

 http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/tracklang.tar.xz
 http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/tracklang.doc.tar.xz

and point texlive2pkg at the two files, and most of the work is done for you
(except for dependencies, I think). See texlive2pkg(8) for more details.

--
Kind regards,

Yorick Hardy