Re: Webserver users

Le 2018-04-25 22:23, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 06:09:33PM +0200, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
We have packages for web applications (www/wordpress, mail/roundcube,
www/php-piwigo...) for which some of their configuration files are installed
with the permissions of the webserver user.

Personally, I find that hugely annoying and dictating the way the web
server setup is done.

Do you find annoying to setup nginx for running as 'www' user by default? Or do you find annoying the setup of web servers in a general way? What could be your recommendations to improve the default setup process?

I.e. it makes no sense at all when not using
mod_php IMO.

It's correct. Actually, maybe www/fcgi should run as 'www' user?

Given that I would strongly recomment against that setup
anyway, this kind of special casing should IMO just go.

Joerg

Thank you for your feedback.

Fred