Re: Possible bash bug regarding control-o?

On Wed 17 Jan 2018 at 13:47:49 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> On Wed 17 Jan 2018 at 09:26:16 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> > I found out that it definitely has something to do with the discard
> > character. If I "stty discard undef", the ^O works in bash too.
> > Looks like they forgot to disable it while in their readline.
>
> I created a patch, and reported it upstream:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?109449

I also reported it to the readline-bugs mailinglist (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-readline/2018-01/msg00004.html )
but Chet Ramey (I don't know if he is the maintainer, but he fills most
of that mailing list) thinks this is not a bug in readline. I disagree,
and we're getting nowhere.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.