Re: Possible bash bug regarding control-o?

On Tue 16 Jan 2018 at 18:18:22 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> On Tue 16 Jan 2018 at 17:04:53 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > It has always worked fine for me with zsh [;^)/. I use it all the time.
>
> I just tried zsh and that works for me as well.

I found out that it definitely has something to do with the discard
character. If I "stty discard undef", the ^O works in bash too.
Looks like they forgot to disable it while in their readline.

I wonder if our in-base readline handles this? I can't think quickly of
which program I should use to test that.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.