Re: Wpa_gui + dhcpcd-gtk = messed up fonts!

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 08:21:36AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-degen%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > Am I right in thinking they don't go along well? In the meantime I've
> > installed wpagui from the Debian repos and that one displays fine.
>
> What I'm thinking is that a basic networking config program ought to be
> able to cope with basic fonts instead of insisting on ttf.   I think out
> of 100 points for success, 99 are awarded for functioning and
> readable....

Most toolkits have switched to using fontconfig exclusively. As such,
ttf *is* basic. The reported problems are a sign that the version of
fontconfig used by the program doesn't find any fonts. I can't tell from
the reported data whether it is a native or pkgsrc fontconfig, what
fonts are present etc. It might also be a missing fc-cache call. Lots of
options.

Joerg