Re: libassuan2

    Date:        Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:19:02 +0000
    From:        Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>

  | wget ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libassuan/libassuan-2.4.4.tar.bz2 works
  | just fine, though, on -current right now.

So does the normal ftp client, once the PWD nonsense is removed.

I (now) have a version that issues PWD commands only when they are
actually needed - which is when the user actually issues a pwd command
(which of course will never happen fetching a URL) or when creating a
path name expanding a '%' sequence which requests the rmeote directory name
be included (which will also never happen when fetching a URL.)

I'll ask on tech-userlevel if anyone has any objections to making that
change, aside from anyhing else, it will save a several round trips to
the server, for no practical purpose, in almost all modern uses.

I can't imagine that wget (or curl) is doing anything so strange, which
is why it will be working fine.

kre