Re: 2017Q3 vs openssl on Ubuntu 16.04

Malcolm Herbert <mjch%mjch.net@localhost> writes:

> I'm having some issues with a compile of openssl that doesn't appear to
> be producing a package properly.  As far as I can tell the compilation
> and packaging goes ok, however after I've added the package, all the
> pkg_* tools complain that some files are without version:
>
> /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info: /usr/pkg/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version
> information available (required by /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info)
> /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info: /usr/pkg/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version
> information available (required by /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info)
>
> this is from a fresh bootstrapped Ubuntu 16.04 host, compiling
> openssl-1.0.2knb1

Can you describe precisely what you did?

Do the tools not work?  I am not sure if your issue is failing tools, or
just an annoying message.

I would suggest that after bootstrapping and before building openssl
that you run ldd on the various pkg_* files.  I am wondering if the
tools are built during bootstrap with the OS native openssl, and then
are being rebound to the pkgsrc ones.