Re: Update of math/R in pkgsrc

Am Thu, 27 Jul 2017 08:32:25 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost>:

> My understanding is that PKGSRC_FORTRAN is meant for the end-user to put
> in mk.conf.  I always set it to gfortran on our systems.

Yes, I would like to have that patch applied minus the PKGSRC_FORTRAN
setting. I use gfortran since over a decade anyway.

> Otherwise, thanks for the patch.  We use R heavily and often encounter a
> need to run the latest release.

Now the trick question: What needs to happen so that this patch
actually makes its way into pkgsrc? I just checked CVS head and did
still see R-3.3.3 in there. Upstream is at 3.4.2 now. It seems that
posting to the mailing lists is not a good approach. I see patches
being posted (posting some myself) and then they go down in history.
Would bug reports on GNATS be better?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--