Re: Update of math/R in pkgsrc

On 07/27/17 07:04, Mark Davies wrote:

On 27/07/17 20:54, wen heping wrote:
   1 update to 3.4.1
   2 rename patch-ac to patch-configure
   3 use gfortran instead of g95 to compile the package
I'm not sure that a package should be setting PKGSRC_FORTRAN

cheers
mark

My understanding is that PKGSRC_FORTRAN is meant for the end-user to put in mk.conf. I always set it to gfortran on our systems.

Are there any supported platforms on which the gcc packages currently don't work? If so, this would actually break the package for some. If not, it at least forces a big dependency that some people may not want, e.g. users of clang-based systems with minimal Fortran needs.

There are only 3 packages in 2017Q2 that force it:

benchmarks/benchfft/Makefile:PKGSRC_FORTRAN=            gfortran
biology/mopac/Makefile:PKGSRC_FORTRAN=          f2c
biology/mpqc/Makefile:PKGSRC_FORTRAN=   f2c # XXX force f2c for now

Otherwise, thanks for the patch. We use R heavily and often encounter a need to run the latest release.

Cheers,

    JB

--
Earth is a beta site.