Re: [patch] net/rtorrent default option xmlrpc option fails

On Wed 11 Oct 2017 at 10:23:38 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:10:14PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> > Ok, summarizing: with the following 2 patches to net/libtorrent, things
> > should build. I quickly ran it in my pkg_comp environment but that isn't
> > really a use test.
>
> Since I don't see the problem at all (NetBSD-8.99.3/amd64), I'm
> wondering what your OPSYS/compiler is, and if you have any particular
> settings in your /etc/mk.conf that might influence this.

I'm running it in my pkg_comp environment, which is NetBSD/amd64 7.0.
The patch adding the const int is required there, for the stock
compiler, gcc49, and clang (which are all compilers I tried).

The other patch, with the casts, is for when I use clang. Elsewhere in
the thread someone reported a different build environment than mine, and
ran into some problems that should be fixed with this (although theirs
may have been happy with fewer casts; I didn't research that).

>  Thomas
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.