pkgsrc-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: net/rtorrent default option xmlrpc option fails

On Sun 08 Oct 2017 at 19:23:27 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I'm unsure how to continue working around what clearly seems a g++ bug.

Off-list I got the hint to try clang instead. Strangely enough that
makes no difference... the library still has the symbol undefined:

pkg_comp:default70.conf# nm /usr/pkg/lib/|grep bucket_count 
                 U _ZN7torrent22request_list_constants12bucket_countE

and rtorrent's configure phase still failed for the same reason.

I think I did the switch to clang correctly, since during building I saw
clang++ processes instead of g++. Also I needed the (intptr_t) patches I
posted elsewhere in the thread.

So maybe it's not a g++ bug, but indeed a bug in libtorrent. But then I
wonder about how upsteam gets it compiled.

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index