NetBSD 6 Re: __stack_chk_fail_local pkgsrc with gcc4.8 (was Re: minimum gcc to compile pkgsrc?

The other issue for NetBSD 6 is that some packages (such as poppler)
require "-std=c++11" which is not working with native gcc 4.5.3.
I assume this will become more prevalent going forward...

Hence, I was finally able to rebuild my out of date packages with
the following additions to mk.conf

GCC_REQD=4.8
PKGSRC_USE_SSP=no
PKGSRC_USE_FORTIFY=no

This may not be wise, YMMV, etc... but thought I would share

--gene