Re: minimum gcc to compile pkgsrc?

On 07/13/17 17:36, Brook Milligan wrote:
I know there has been ongoing discussion about c++11, GCC_REQD, etc.  As a related question, is there any sense of what minimum gcc version is required as the native compiler for all the packages that are not marked with special GCC_REQD?

Cheers,
Brook

4.8.1.

It's the first to fully support c++11:

https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-status.html

Currently there aren't many packages that will fail with GCC 4.4.7 on RHEL/CentOS, but it's enough to be a nuisance, so I'm setting GCC_REQD=4.8 in mk.conf on my Linux systems until there's an official solution in place.

RHEL/CentOS 7 has 4.8.5 in Yum.

Cheers,

    JB

--