Re: Upgrading Radicale

On 30/06/2017 18:53, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
[snip
> There are patches to add a strip_domain config option but the new code
> is so different that I can't apply them, even with simple adjustments.
> Can I just leave them out and let someone else create new patches?  I am
> copying sborrill@ as he made the previous patches but did not take
> maintainership.
>
> To sborrill@ - would you prefer to handle this yourself?  Is there some
> reason why you did not upgrade it yourself so far?

I'd not upgraded or tested because I'd not spotted the new release. Also
we are in a freeze :-P

I put the patches in partly because Patrick's bug report seemed to have
stagnated and partly because he understated the importance of the
feature (if using autodiscovery by email, if you do not strip the domain
then it uses your email address as your username throughout including
the calendar path - this makes it useless).

Patrick and I will look at the migrating to the v2 code instead.

On 01/07/2017 06:19, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> On 06/30/17 20:17, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> D'Arcy Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
>>> Is there any point in renaming the current version as Radicale1 and
>>> creating a new Radicale?
>>
>> Generally, we have multiple versions only when expecting someone to
>> upgrade when the pkgsrc versions is updated is unreasonable, and this is
>> usually a sign of either not having source/binary compatibility leading
>> to users needing to use one or the other depending (most) or complicated
>> on-disk formats (postgresql, probably mysql).
>
> I just noticed that there are definite incompatibilities between 1.x.x
> and 2.x.x so I better keep both.

Yep:
http://radicale.org/1to2/

> I think I will just rename the old one
> and create an Radicale2 for 2.x.x.  I may need to bump 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 as
> that is needed to migrate to 2.x.x.

I will ask for permission to upgrade to 1.1.4 in the freeze. I really
don't like the suggested path of installing 1.1.4, converting your
collections, then upgrading to 2.x.x. Hopefully, I've misunderstood the
docs and you can also use a script provided with 2.x.x to migrate
without going through the intermediate step.

--
Stephen