Re: pbulk on pkgsrc_2017Q1 consistently failing to install build dependencies before aborting

On 04/29/17 08:07, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 20:18 +0100, Sevan Janiyan wrote:
Hi Christopher,
Welcome to the club, I lost a best part of two weeks trying to get
going with bulkbuilds on Darwin PowerPC, this is a fallout from a
change of paths.
You need to edit your pbulk/etc/pbulk.conf & ammend the pkgdb path,
by default it points to /var/db/pkg which is correct on NetBSD but
wrong on everything else.  Assuming you're using mk/pbulk/pbulk.sh
to setup, that line needs to be changed to pkgdb=/usr/pkg/pkgdb.
I did submit a patch to amend this but it was pushed back, If its
any conciliation, I keep on being caught by this or
/mnt/packages/All not being created automatically. Really painful on
slower legacy system where the scan stage of the entire tree takes
around 3 days.
Sevan

Hi Sven, Hi Jörg,

thank you very much for your help.

Adding pkgdb as Sven suggested turned out to fix my problem.

I managed to build a (scripted) solution using docker containers and
verified correct operation on fedora:25. I have placed the code on
https://github.com/cruwe/docker-pkgsrcbldr, which I hope to extend to
different Linuxes and parallel operation with multiple docker
containers in the near future.

Many thanks, cheers,
--
Christopher

Coincidentally, I've been working on a scripted solution as well, using mksandbox, and hit some of the same issues. My interest is building packages with an alternative prefix, e.g. /sharedapps/pkg-2017Q1, instead of /usr/pkg.

FYI, if you use pbulk.sh -l and create pbulk/etc/pbulk.list with just a few packages, scan will only take a few seconds. Also need to correct the path of pbulk.list in pbulk.conf. I've been using this just to speed up the test cycle and will remove it once the system is working smoothly.

I've also been unable to get unprivileged builds working. pbulk.sh dies if I use the -u flag. I got around this by omitting -u and changing the username in pbulk.conf to root. ( Don't do this if you're building outside a jail/container. )

Cheers,

    Jason

--
Earth is a beta site.