Re: Failure to build webkit24-gtk with today's sources

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017, Paul Goyette wrote:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017, Adam wrote:

One final note: the rebuild of webkit-gtk also fails, with pretty much the same errors. At least it fails much sooner than webkit24-gtk! :)
(Different build order?)

Please, update your textproc/icu/buildlink3.mk (should include c++11) and try again.

Yeah, just saw that commit.  I'll be restarting my package rebuild job soon.

Even with wiz's commit to textproc/icu/buildlink3.mk (rev 1.31) I am still seeing the breakage. The errors are all of the form

.. error: invalid conversion from 'const UChar* {aka const char16_t*}' to 'const JSChar* {aka const short unsigned int*}'

and occur at lines 40, 65, and 86 of source file Source/JavaScriptCore/API/JSStringRef.cpp

(There are also numerous warnings related to U_PLATFORM_HAS_WINUWP_API not being defined, and each of the above-mentioned invalid conversion errors is accompanied by a "note:" related to initializing argument 1 of the_called_create*()_function.)

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |