Re: graphite deps problem?

George Georgalis <george%galis.org@localhost> writes:

> Is there a testing framework for pkgsrs? I'm trying to use binaries
> for graphite with carbon/apache24 and it doesn't seem to work.

The framekwork is that in pkgsrc one can say

TEST_TARGET=		check

and then it will run ${MAKE} check after building.   That should run the
tests provided by upstream :-)

> Maybe this is the problem:
>
> https://github.com/sii/siptrackweb/issues/13
>
> stemid commented on Oct 26, 2016
>
> @sii this is most likely solved now considering you've upgraded
> urls.py to be more modern using list(urlpatterns) instead of patterns.
>
> Is there a test already that I can use for debugging my setup?
>
>   File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graphite/urls.py", line
> 29, in <module>
>     urlpatterns = patterns('',
> NameError: name 'patterns' is not defined

You can also read the upstream README about requirements and verify that
these are expressed in the Makefile.  I realize that sounds hard, but
the issue is likely that some python dependency that's supposed to be
there or is supposeed to be newer isn't.  Now we see the violence
inherent in the system (of run-time binding and latent typing).