Re: pkg_chk getting wrong version of Python package

On 2017-01-12 09:33 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
D'Arcy Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
I have also run into this, and mostly I've just ignored it because I
have just upgraded from 2.6 to 2.7.

I think the fix is to change the way pkg_chk deals with multiversion
packages and have it report each version separately, and not consider
python27-foo out of date because the default is 36, etc.

Exactly.  They are different packages.

This does mean pkg_chk will then not help move from one version to
another.  But arguably that's ok, since they exist as separate packages.

In fact, it is nice to be able to have multiple versions on the same machine. They mostly co-exist just fine. py-subversion is one of the few modules that doesn't.

Do you have ?= in mk.conf?  I am wondering if this is just make variable
precedence.

That was just a brain fart on my part.  See my other message.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost