Re: pkg_chk getting wrong version of Python package

On 2017-01-12 09:57 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 07:19:24AM -0500, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
I tried looking through the script but I am not sure that there is a good
fix for this.  As I see it two things need to be fixed, list the actual
packages on the system and allow make to build arbitrary versions instead of
looking at mk.conf.  I tried to do the latter with "make
-DPYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT=27 install" but it still tried to build 3.6 as
defined in mk.conf.

PYTHON_VERSION_REQD=27

I did try that too but the issue was using make incorrectly. I thought that it needed "-D" but it didn't.

So that shows how to create the package but it still leaves the pkg_chk issue as well as how to get pkg_rolling-replace to run the above. It also needs to be aware of similar packages such as PHP ones and Ruby ones that also have multiple versions.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost