Re: Firefox stability?

> Sound (e.g, youtube videos) doesn't work for me either anymore with the
> new default package options "alsa dbus":
>
>  alsa_stream_destroy: pthread_cond_destroy failed: Invalid argument
>
> I also tried with pulseaudio and that didn't work either, but I didn't
> see any error messages.

pkgsrc firefox (default ALSA option) + alsa-plugins-oss doesn't work here,
but pkgsrc firefox (default ALSA option) + alsa-plugins-pulse works for me
with the following ~/.asoundrc
---
pcm.!default {
	type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
	type pulse
}
---

aplay(1) (from alsa-utils) works even with alsa-plugins-oss and
the following ~/.asoundrc
---
pcm.!default {
	type oss
	device /dev/audio
}

ctl.!default {
	type oss
	device /dev/mixer
}
---
(from http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2009/02/11/msg003038.html )
so alsa itself seems working properly.

The error message from firefox
"alsa_stream_destroy: pthread_cond_destroy failed: Invalid argument"
seems to come from pkgsrc patch:

 http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/www/firefox/patches/patch-media_libcubeb_src_cubeb__alsa.c?rev=1.17&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

while FreeBSD ports patch doesn't have it:

 https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/blob/master/www/firefox/files/patch-bug1021761

so it looks a known issue (at least by ryoon@) and pkgsrc specific.

Should we file a PR for this?

---