Re: pkgsrc scanning performance benchmarks

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, John Marino wrote:
It's just much more inefficient. I know such statements rankle some pkgsrc devs, but numbers don't lie. I tried to be very objective here [...]

I'm glad John brought this up. I use all the BSDs on a regular basis. I have to say that, anecdotally, I have had the same experiences. Pkgsrc is my favorite ports/package system with the best overall utility and philosophy, IMHO, but it's still got room for improvement. Why not use the metric-driven approach to improve things? I say "right on" when I see things like this, but I guess not everyone feels the same.

So, anyway, thanks for your efforts, John. I'm not anyone to TNF, but I still think TNF is lucky for folks like you. I'm no monk, but I agree with: "Like iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

-Swift