Re: Intermittent pbulk build fail of editors/vim-share

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:42:16 -0600
"J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> My pbulk build on Darwin (macOS Sierra (10.12.1)) of editors/vim-share
> from pkgsrc-2016Q3 failed in the build phase.  However, I ran
> bulkbuild again, and this time it built the package successfully.
> When it failed, the errors from build.log were as follows (more
> context from the log is at the end of this email):
>
> ==========
> ===> Building for vim-share-7.4.1987
> --- objects ---
> --- auto/osdef.h ---
> --- objects/os_macosx.o ---
> --- objects/os_mac_conv.o ---
> --- objects ---
> mkdir objects

This 'mkdir objects' is in a race with the two clang builds that
happened before it, and that expect the directory to already exist.
The easy 'fix' is to add this:

 MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=        no

to editors/vim-share/Makefile so that it won't build with 'make -j'.

Later...

Greg Oster