Re: Intermittent pbulk build fail of editors/vim-share

* On 2016-11-15 at 17:42 GMT, J. Lewis Muir wrote:

> My pbulk build on Darwin (macOS Sierra (10.12.1)) of editors/vim-share
> from pkgsrc-2016Q3 failed in the build phase.  However, I ran bulkbuild
> again, and this time it built the package successfully.  When it failed,
> the errors from build.log were as follows (more context from the log is
> at the end of this email):
>
> error: unable to open output file 'objects/os_mac_conv.o': 'No such file or directory'

The error log isn't conclusive, but one of the main intermittent
failures I see on OSX is that additional devfs mounts occasionally
lose their entries, most notably /dev/null.

It _appears_ that this might be load related, as I tend to see it less
frequently when I reduce the number of chroots and/or MAKE_JOBS, so it
might be worth trying that.

Otherwise, just re-doing the build and chroot tends to fix it next
time.

> I haven't tried to see how reproducible this is, but my guess is that
> it's probably going to be tough to reproduce and hence tough to track
> down.  But, I thought I'd ask just in case.  Does anyone know what went
> wrong and how to fix it?

No chance of fixing it, unfortunately, and is unlikely to be something
Apple would care about.