Re: firefox-49.0 segfaults frequently

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 08:52:43AM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
Anyone else having trouble?
Yep since Firefox-47.

Same here.

Alternatives (for the non-pkgsrc gurus, not Coypu).

- Seamonkey
- Opera
- Dillo
- Konqueror
- Epiphany
- older ports of Firefox
- Other old/weird GUI browsers & text browsers

Seamonkey, Opera, Konqueror, and Epiphany are "modern" and can do CSS, have full Java & Javascript support, etc.. Dillo is a FLTK based browser with a downright tiny memory footprint.

I'm guessing The Mozilla Foundation is too busy copying Chrome (Google's spyware) and trying to figure out how waste money on business-weasels and marketdroids/ads to be bothered with such trivial things as functional memory management. I stopped donating to Mozilla and gave my paltry dollars to more worthy projects (ie.. direct-to-developer size) and, of course, TNF.

-Swift