Apple making decisions for users..

Hello,

   So apparently upgrading Xcode without asking the user is a thing.

   Without any chance to opt out, my iMac had upgraded its Xcode from
7.x to 8.  This led to:

$ bmake distinfo
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: No suitable Xcode SDK or Command Line Tools installed.
ERROR: youtube-dl-20160915 requires a working dlopen().
*** Error code 1

   The cause is "/usr/bin/xcrun --sdk macosx${OSX_VERSION}
--show-sdk-path" -- OSX_VERSION gets set to "10.11.6" by "sw_vers
-productVersion", while:

  $ xcodebuild -showsdks
[---]
macOS SDKs:
	macOS 10.12                   	-sdk macosx10.12
[---]

   .. this whole thing feels eerily familiar, like if it has happened
before..  I'm going to assume that if I upgrade the OS, then pkgsrc will
start working again.  However, I need another development environment
which is known to stop working with macOS Sierra.

   Thanks Apple.  Really helpful.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan