Re: PHP .ini files in php.d

* On 2016-08-31 at 08:00 BST, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> Okay, I found Jaromir's announcment to this list from July. But I am still
> missing an explanation, why this change was done and why this is not
> considered harmful, especially w.r.t. to Jonathan's explanation. But mostly
> I would like to know how my users now can prevent PHP from loading all
> available modules and load only those they need.

Yeh, I'm not particularly happy about it to be honest, especially as
there was no discussion, but it appears others think it's useful
(including the originator of the github ticket) so shrug.

Anyway, you'll now just have to manually remove the files from
PKG_SYSCONFDIR after installation to disable them, or change your
php.ini to not load them all automatically.