upcoming lighttpd 1.4.40 release

Greetings NetBSD lighttpd pkgsrc maintainers.  I joined the lighttpd
development team in Feb and we are preparing to release 1.4.40, which
includes many, many fixes.

* Do you have any requests or outstanding NetBSD bugs which can be
  fixed to make things easier for NetBSD port/pkgsrc maintenance?

* Is there anyone in NetBSD-land who can smoke test lighttpd git HEAD
  and provide feedback if there is anything amiss with NetBSD support?

* The lighttpd mailing lists are very quiet.  Are you subscribed?
  Should I sent future messages there, or do you prefer if I sent
  email to the port maintainer? (pkgsrc-users@)