Re: security/openssh crash and "openssl" option

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> Recent versions of openssh can be compiled without openssl but pkgsrc
> doesn't support it. I added a new "openssl" option locallly and I'd like
> to commit this change. Any objections?

I certainly would not object. I support that wholeheartedly. I have grown
to hate SSL and especially OpenSSL. Decoupling it from OpenSSH is not only
the goal of the OpenSSH team, it's just a plain old good idea. At least as
far as I'm concerned, feel free to exclude SSL from anything you want. The
world needs to move on:

https://aliver.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/you-heard-me-die-ssl-die-now/

> Setting ac_cv_func_reallocarray=no fixes the crash. Does anyone else see
> this problem or is it my local build problem?

I haven't run into it yet, but you are further along the bleeding edge
than I am. I haven't pulled updates down to my -current rig in about two
weeks.

-Swift