Re: Build of firefox with alsa option fails

I've heard countless complaints about how PulseAudio doesn't do X,Y or
is bad at doing Z.

Let me show you a graph:
https://github.com/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/graphs/contributors?from=2015-01-01&to=2016-01-01&type=c
Committers to PulseAudio in the year 2015.
You may recognise #5 as our very own Kamil Rytarowski, having cleaned up
and sent 8 patches from pkgsrc.

There aren't many people working on it, and they're working on it
(apparently) in their free time. This is true for most open source projects.
I would be very surprised if it is any different for other sound-related
projects.

If a fraction of the people complaining about it did something to
develop it or one of the alternatives, their reasons for complaining
would quickly disappear.

The <=4 people actively developing it in their free time cannot address
all the bugs, especially if the bug reports are not extremely good.

That holds true for most open source projects.