Re: Build of firefox with alsa option fails

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 07:28:47AM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> I will check Linux ALSA build this weekend.
> Sorry for your inconvenience.

It's not a problem, I think the patch might have gotten reverted by
mistake.

A block like:

#ifndef EBADFD
# define EBADFD EBADF
#endif

Would probably be the most portable solution.

I was attempting this as I had trouble using PulseAudio. It's fine now.
I was not able to get ALSA to work, but I didn't try very hard.

A MESSAGE file suggesting to run dbus for audio if you installed PulseAudio
might be nice, as I've seen some people struggle with it.
Without it, audio will not work.

> By the way, why many people dislike PulseAudio?

I think most of the hate originates from its initial introduction, it
was added to Ubuntu (and maybe other Linux distributions) at a stage
when it was not good, and cause similar performance problems to what we
experienced before - high CPU usage.

People got to know PulseAudio as the thing that uses up all the
resources and has to be killed, or the thing that broke their audio
setup.

It takes a lot of convincing to change such a bad image.