Is there any equivalent of 7zip/WinRar for the *nix world?

If you are familiar with 7zip on MS Windows, is there any such a think
of a graphical tool to extract all kind of compressed archives,
including .iso and .img files?

For the latter two, I am looking for a tool that actually expands
them, rather that mounting them.

Failing that, can midnight commander do the job? I know it can open
tar.gz archives; can it also open image files?

I could be totally wrong, but I remember playing around with Linux
Mint circa 4-5 years ago and the file manager could actually open iso
files.

Thanks

--
Ottavio