Re: [patch] colorls: put directories in front of other files with -D

> Does colorls have a functioning upstream?
Our upstream seems to be FreeBSD's ls(1).
More precisely, FreeBSD's ls(1) as of svn rev. 20960 a.k.a Dec. 28, 1996 :-). (It is, apart from "$Id$" markers in the top comments, identical to our distfile).

> It seems like there are way too many patches in pkgsrc for it,
> and usually we tend to fix portability bugs with the intent of
> them being integrated upstream, vs. doing new development.
Yes, I guess that makes sense.
I'll see if I can get the FreeBSD folks to merge my patch, but we should probably see if there have been any interesting changes to their ls(1) in the last 19 years.

--
Timo Buhrmester