Re: adobe-flash-plugin11 distfile not found

Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> writes:

> (Not that it is recommended to use it, of course, but...)
>
> I was trying to build adobe-flash-plugin11, using the fresh pkgsrc
> stable branch, but it fails when it can't find the distfile:
>
> pkg_comp:default.conf# make
> => Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found digest-20121220
> => Fetching flash-plugin-11.2.202.466-release.i386.rpm
> => Total size: 6916635 bytes
> Requesting http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.466/flash-plugin-11.2.202.466-release.i386.rpm
> ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
> fetch: Unable to fetch expected file flash-plugin-11.2.202.466-release.i386.rpm

I guess the question is if we should delete the package; the license
doesn't permit copying the distfile.  But, the package can be useful for
people that still have the distfile.   So maybe we should remove the
MASTER_SITES line so that it doesn't even try.

The other question is if there is a distfile provided by adobe that
would enable creating a package for something more recent.