Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 11:56:00AM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
> 1. Click "Fork".
> 2. In your fork, select the file and click "edit".
> 3. Make your edit.
> 4. Enter a commit message.
> 5. Click "create pull request".
> 6. If you want, add more text. Done.

I tried it, and it works, but they now get my hand edited version of the
change instead of the localy test one with a patch generated by my local
source controll system, and additionally I needed another minute or so
to figure out how to get rid of the forked repo.

Believe it or not, if (for whatever reasons) you are not working with git
locally, it IS a barrierr.

However, in the concrete case at hand I plan to submit a larger change
which requires touching lots of files, and I bet I won't be able to get
that in w/o doing the local git dance.

So the what I am trying to say is that we should make sure to listen to
contributions via email, as that is often by far easier for one-off
things. And of course this applies more to pkgsrc than to wip.

Martin