Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On Jul 4,  6:27pm, Benny Siegert wrote:
} On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
} > You didn't mention the opinions on hg vs git.   Or if there was any
} > significant support for anything else.
}
} Opinions are:
}
} - hg is a dead end, due to git's momentum

     git is just the latest fad, it too shall pass...

} - github is the lowest-friction thing there is, pull requests or not.
} It is what most people already know how to use.

     An opportunity to learn something new.

} - hosting it on TNF means giving lots of people access to a TNF
} server, which we might not want.

     Could be hosted on a seperate server that doesn't have access
to the main servers.

} The most enthusiastic mention for anything else was "don't care as
} long as it works", from jaapb.

     Good attitude :-)

     At the end of day, since I've never used wip, I don't really care.

}-- End of excerpt from Benny Siegert