Re: /bin/pwd defaults (Re: devel/gobject-introspection build can't find 'glib/gmacros.h')

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 09:03:38AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'm talking about situations where pkgsrc is really in
> ~/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc and /usr/pkgsrc is a symlink to it, or something
> like that.  That's not a configuration problem; it's been within normal
> unix practice for decades.

Nothing cares about /usr/pkgsrc. The location is not magical in any way.
If you shell resolves PWD, you can CD to /usr/pkgsrc, otherwise you
should use the physical path. That said, I don't think this is a typical
problem when hitting symlink issues, far from it.

Joerg