Re: cdrecord and near-DVD-sized images?

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 18:37, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I am putting some bits on DVD, and ran mkisofs from
> sysutils/cdrecord on a netbsd-6 i386 machine.  The file was
> 4680359936 bytes, which is less than the reported capacity of a single-
> layer DVD.  I was able to mount this via vnconfig and read the
> files.  I ran cdrecord without incident. Then, I was unable to even
> read from the disk using dd.  On a mac, I could dd from it, but not
> mount the fs.  The file is still transferring, but indications are I
> am reading back the file bit-for-bit.
>
> Has anyone else had similar issues?

Just a thought, but I have a dim recollection that CD-ROMs and DVDs
typically used different on-disk filesystems.  If the image is formatted
as ISO9660 and you mounted it as such in the vnconfig test, that would
work fine, but something that was expecting an actual DVD filesystem
might get confused ...

-- IDL