Re: multimedia/vlc{,2,21}

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 19:53:32 +0200 Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> IMHO the best option that introduces the least amount of rototil is to
> update multimedia/vlc to 2.2.0 and leave everything else as is. Then
> we can remove vlc21 after a couple of months and vlc2 can stay for
> as long as necessary.

Even simpler.  I had a few hours free today so had a first crack at the
update, copying as much as possible from the existing multimedia/vlc21.
I first just adjusted the patches so that they applied cleanly (without
putting much thought into it), and now I'm working my way through the
build errors and configure warnings and updating dependencies
accordingly.

I've run into a few puzzles/problems with which someone might be able
to help me.  First: one of the patches I copied over from vlc21 removes
a needed definition from vlc_common.h.  The patched code reads:

========== start code
#if !defined(__NetBSD_Version__) || (__NetBSD_Version__ < 599001600)

/** Bit weight */
VLC_USED
static inline unsigned popcount (unsigned x)
{
#if VLC_GCC_VERSION(3,4)
    return __builtin_popcount (x);
#else
    unsigned count = 0;
    while (x)
    {
        count += x & 1;
        x = x >> 1;
    }
    return count;
#endif
}

VLC_USED
static inline unsigned parity (unsigned x)
{
#if VLC_GCC_VERSION(3,4)
    return __builtin_parity (x);
#else
    for (unsigned i = 4 * sizeof (x); i > 0; i /= 2)
        x ^= x >> i;
    return x & 1;
#endif
}
#endif /* NetBSD < 5.99.16 */
========== end code

I can see why popcount gets removed in favour of the NetBSD libc
popcount for NetBSD versions where that is available, but I can find no
reference to a NetBSD-defined parity function.  Am I missing something,
or should the conditional only have applied to the definition of
popcount?

Second problem: configure cannot find liblive, warning:

configure: WARNING: No package 'live555' found.

This is despite the fact that options.mk has included liblive:

========== start code
.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mrtsp)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-live555
PLIST.rtsp=             yes
BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.liblive+= liblive>=20111223
.  include "../../net/liblive/buildlink3.mk"
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-live555
.endif
========== end code

and ${WRKDIR}/.buildlink/include/liveMedia exists and is populated.
Any hints?  This is on NetBSD amd64 7.99.5 in a pkg_comp chroot.

I'm out of time for today, but I'll try to keep plugging away at this
as time permits, as a learning exercise if nothing else.

--
IDL