Problem with libreoffice4

I've just completed installation (from source) of nearly 400 packages (including dependencies), and libreoffice4 is giving me a headache!

After displaying the "splash graphic" I get the following messages:

	javaPathHelper: not found
	javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
	Warning: failed to read path from javaldx

And then I get a dialog box which says

	The application cannot be started.
	User installation could not be completed.

I've examined the build logs for all the packages, and I don't see anything obviously wrong (neither with libreoffice4 nor openjdk7) so I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.

The libreoffice4 build log does mention (in the MESSAGE section)

	To enable Java support, please set JDK path in
	Tools->Options->Advanced

but that would imply that I was able to start the program in order to access the referenced menu sequence!

Any clues on how to resolve?

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |