Re: Update of wip/libressl to 2.1.6

> Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 3:52 PM
> From: "Joerg Sonnenberger" <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>
> To: pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: Update of wip/libressl to 2.1.6
>
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 05:06:07PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> > I had a closer look at this issue and it's a problem how GNU Autotools discover libc functions.
>
> Please be correct. Which way to probe for a function did you use?
> autoconf offers a number of options here, from plain "does something
> with the same external name as this symbol exist" to "here is an
> expression, can it be compiled and linked". It is a common issue to use
> only the former form, when the latter produces much better results, but
> needs more verbosity.

In configure.ac there is:
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([reallocarray])

I was testing this discovery in a dummy project too and it claimed that
reallocarray() (on my -current box) is available.

Sorry for seeing your reply after my next post, I think we need to learn
how to handle the _OPENBSD_COMPAT layer and document it.