Re: multimedia/ffmpeg2 static option

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 15:33:03 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I was asking because your patch has two changes, and I only like to
> commit things that are single changes.  (That's not a hard rule for
> NetBSD.)

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I only included PLIST.Darwin because I wasn't
sure if the .so/.dylib suffix difference was important, but everything
works fine with the original PLIST on OS X.

> It strikes me as a bug in opencv (or the packaging of it) if the
> presence of static libraries causes issues.  Without understanding the
> details, my initial reaction is that it's better to fix that bug.

Yes it seems the linker flags for the FFmpeg libraries don't end up
being used by OpenCV.  I'm still trying to fix this with the CMake
scripts but dynamic libraries were a quick workaround.

> What is wrong with pkg-config?  That's used by many packages and
> generally works.

I couldn't get it to build with the 64-bit API because of the included
glib, so I tried to use the glib2 in the tree, had to set environment
variables, and gave up.