Re: pam_mysql CFLAGS bug

Niels Dettenbach <nd%syndicat.com@localhost> writes:

> If build without it, pam_myql(.o) is still build quietly and installed, but
> unuasable, because pam exits with:
>
> 	in openpam_dispatch(): pam_mysql.so: no pam_sm_authenticate()
>
> on NetBSD when called.

I wonder if this is fixable by comparing to other pam modules.

There is already --disable-static in the pkgsrc makefiles.

> It seems that pam_mysql is not widely used under NetBSD (but for us i.e. still
> required, because there is no workaround in one of our historical scenarios).
>
> Is it possible that someone could adopt it into the Makefile or similiar part
> of the pkgsrc / NetBSD port? It doesn't make sense to have ports or resulting
> binary packages in the tree which "just build", but doesn't work. Or should i
> write a patch or similiar and send it to here?

You should feel free to create a patch against the pkgsrc directory and
send the output of "cvs diff -u -N" here.   You'll want to cvs add any
patch files if you add them, and increase PKGREVISION.
Probably you should file a bug upstream, if there is a functioning
upstream, and add a comment with the URL and explaining that it's a
workaround.