Re: Building shared libraries under pkgsrc control in NetBSD 6.1

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:24:48 +0100
Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:

> When I build a shared library using the BSD Makefile infrastructure,
> it will build libXXX.so.1.0 and create smylinks libXXX.so and
> libXXX.so.1.
>
> When I let the same library build under control of a pkgsrc Makefile
> (to distribute it as a package), it does not create the .so and .so.1
> symlinks.  Can that be changed via a variable in e.g. /etc/mk.conf,
> so that I get the symlink?
>
> IIRC, pkgsrc created the symlinks in version before 2013-Q3 (or at
> least, before that release my packages used to build).
>
> - Marc

I just tried to build a test library just like that and it creates
symlinks on NetBSD 6.1.5 with pkgsrc 2014Q3.
The makefile that I used looks like this.

Makefile begin ---------------------------------------------------------
MKSTATICLIB = yes
MKDEBUGLIB = no
MKPICINSTALL = no
MKPROFILE = no
MKLINT = no

SHLIB_MAJOR = 1
SHLIB_MINOR = 6
SHLIB_TEENY = 2

LIB = test
SRCS = test.c
INCS = test.h

LIBDIR = ${PREFIX}/lib
INCSDIR = ${PREFIX}/include

.include <bsd.lib.mk>

How does this one compare to the makefile you are using?

/Niclas Rosenvik