graphics/vtk & vtk-data 5.10.1

I'd like to install OOF3D [1] on a PC running NetBSD/amd64 6.1.5. One of its prerequisites is the VTK Visualization Toolkit, version 5.10.x, but the NetBSD package in this directory is version of 4.2:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.1.5/graphics/

My (fairly brief) attempt at compiling the source code in vtk-5.10.1.tar.gz failed, so I thought I'd ask if the graphics/vtk package maintainer might be willing to create a package for the version I need, please? :) I might be able to assist, not sure if I know enough to be useful.

I thought of manually applying the patches in the v4.2 package but the contents of the relevant files in v5.10.1 is significantly different from 4.2's so I haven't tried that yet.

Ray

[1]  http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/oof/oof3d/index.html