Re: pkgsrc tree on fat filesystem

lausgans%gmail.com@localhost writes:

> It always brakes the same not matter which operation i’m doing. Here’s the output:
> http://pastebin.com/ZYsrvYsv It includes os, cpu, etc details as well.
> PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=1 doesn’t affect output at the wreck stage.

> bmake: /accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/makefile" line 106: Could not find ../../devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk

So that looks like the issue.  What if you do

  more ../../devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk

Is the file there?  Does the ../ syntax work?

> One question here. I’m currently going with qnx folks tree, like they recommend:
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.pkgsrc/wiki/Bootstrap
> (pkgsrc.org leads there too). Should i try latest stable stock pkgsrc tree instead?
> I don’t know a reason why they keep that tree. Hadn’t they committed their patches
> upstream? BTW, i haven’t noticed any special qnx workarounds for packages i’ve
> tried.

In general, pkgsrc people will be interested in helping you fix bugs in
the head of pkgsrc from our repository.  If someone else has taken an
older version and made changes, you should ask them for help with their
version.
If you can find changes they made and verify that they are useful in our
HEAD version, sending the patches and your experience with them would be
helpful.