pkgsrc tree on fat filesystem

Hi.

I’m interesting in whether the subject is possible?
I’ve heard that one may put pkgsrc on case-insensitive
fs, and that’s good, but how about fs without posix permissions?

I’ve tried, but it looks broken, bmake fails at relative paths somehow.
How to fix this?

P.S.: i have all the things (like pkg base and work dir) pointed to a
proper unix partition, so this shouldn’t be a trouble. I only need to
read pkgsrc tree stored on fat fs.

Thanks in advance.
Alex.