mail/mutt-kz build fails in configure phase on iconv "good enough" check

Hello, pkgsrc Users.

I'm trying to build mail/mutt-kz from -current on Mac OS X Mavericks
(10.9.4), and it's failing in the configure phase when checking whether
iconv is "good enough:"

===
checking iconv.h usability... yes
checking iconv.h presence... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
checking whether iconv.h defines iconv_t... yes
checking whether this iconv is good enough... no
configure: error: Try using libiconv instead
*** Error code 1

Stop.
===

In looking at the configure.ac for this check, I see the following
comment:

===
dnl (1) Some implementations of iconv won't convert from UTF-8 to UTF-8.
dnl (2) In glibc-2.1.2 and earlier there is a bug that messes up ob and
dnl     obl when args 2 and 3 are 0 (fixed in glibc-2.1.3).
===

If I run ./configure by hand, that is, not through make and not with the
wrappers, like this:

===
$ cd work/mutt-kz-1.5.22.1-rc1
$ ./configure
===

Then the iconv "good enough" check succeeds.

The converters/libiconv dependency is being satisfied by the native
iconv on my system:

===
$ pkg_info | grep iconv
$ ls -1 /usr/lib/libiconv.*
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.4.0.dylib
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
/usr/lib/libiconv.dylib
===

I tried forcing the use of the pkgsrc converters/libiconv, but that
didn't make the iconv "good enough" check succeed either.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Lewis