Re: Installing and using pkgsrc with external compiler (in HPC environment) ... library path troubles.

* On 2014-08-01 at 08:33 BST, Thomas Orgis wrote:

> ... and I do wonder what effect GCCBASE should have. It was a wild
> assumption that this setting would trigger inclusion of the matching
> runtime libraries. I wonder if this is different with ICCBASE.

GCCBASE is only used by mk/compiler/gcc.mk to find the gcc binary to
use.  It is checked before $PATH so helps to avoid issues when $PATH
may change.

It is assumed when using an external GCC that it already adds rpaths
to its support libraries (libgcc et al).  It looks like this is not
the case in your environment, hence needing to add all the LDFLAGS.

I'm not sure how common this is (it's not the case on SunOS), but if
it turns out that not adding rpaths is the default on most systems
then yes we should probably look at adding them in pkgsrc.

Cheers,