Re: Installing and using pkgsrc with external compiler (in HPC environment) ... library path troubles.

Am Fri, 01 Aug 2014 06:58:23 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <jwbacon%tds.net@localhost>:

>   If I recall, it should only require using the proper rpath flags while
> building gcc.  And yes, we use packages requiring Fortran and C++
> extensively.

That is the crucial point. So I should talk to my colleagues to achieve
that in future builds. I didn't realize that this is possible for GCC.
At least, it's not talked about much.

For now, the fixed -Wl,-R/path/to/lib works, but I agree that for our
kind of setup, the compiler inserting rpath itself would reduce issues
a lot, to the extend that the shell module for using a compiler indeed
only needs to put it into the path (unless there's funky C++ "libs" in
header form associated, but of course the compiler could/should put
those include paths into its own internal view, too).

Hm, off studying GCC manual/source tarball, I guess

Alrighty then,

Thomas

PS: Is it general consensus on pkgsrc-users to send copies per CC? I
usually prefer to just get the mail via the list. Confuses my automatic
sorting less, too.

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis
Universität Hamburg