mutt on console: cursor on far right

I notice a strange behavior trait in mail/mutt when running on console.

I can't test on xterm or in X because X (modular/pkgsrc) won't start.

Cursor appears at extreme right of message line, making it difficut to see
exactly what message it's on.

This happens on regular console and also in DRMKMS console from NetBSD-current
amd64.

In FreeBSD (mutt built from FreeBSD ports) console or xterm, whole line in
messages listing is highlighted; this was also the case in Linux Slackware.

I don't know whether to call this a quirk or bug, but it's not a severe
impediment.

Tom